Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Wisconsin Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wisconsin Member

Hello All,

My wife and I are working on getting plugging into the aviation community North/West of Madison. We already started talking with a local flying club as we both need to get our PP Certificates, and are planing to go to their monthly meetings to see if we fit with the group. We are also going to go to a few EAA Chapter 93 meetings in Middleton, as I have an interest in the experimental home built side of aviation.

So long term goal/hope is to build a 4 place aircraft with my 2 boys. Start the build in 4 or 5 years. As we need to get our tickets and my boys need to get a bit older as I would like them to be more help than hindrance.

In the mean time, I have been looking at the different 4 place kit planes and comparing actual performance numbers (That I can find- and are applicable to our future goals) Bearhawk wins hands down, so I decided to join the forum. (already been lurking/learning here for the last few months)

Anyway, thanks for having so much useful information here...

Welcome from Milwaukee! Forum member spinningwrench is in Chapter 93 in Middleton and building a Patrol. If you haven't yet gotten together, he's a local resource for you.

Also, Bob Triplett — tailwind — is up in Rice Lake with a flying 4-place.
    Last edited by Chris In Milwaukee; 08-26-2019, 02:18 PM.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I can't wait to see some more progress on Project "Expedition."

As my boys get older I may wish for a larger aircraft as well... Men in my family run right around 200 lbs.

If you make it over to any of the Madison fly-in events, let me know. My wife and I would love to have a look at your 4 place. If not, I am sure we can see Marks at EAA next year.
      Last edited by Trefftzs; 08-26-2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Rice Lake wi with flying 4 plc Bearhawk

Comment

Welcome from Madison. I’m in Chapter 93 and pretty active with Young Eagles and the builders sub-group of the chapter. I’m building a Patrol in my home shop and keep a Citabria at the Middleton airport. Your welcome to visit anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Trefftzs View Post
            I can't wait to see some more progress on Project "Expedition."
            I'll second this!
            Colby Osborn
            Mullen/Lincoln Nebraska
            Model 5 Quick Build Kit

Comment

I don't have anything to fly just yet, but I'm up here in Green Bay and will be starting on either a 4-place or a Patrol this month. Great to see so many other Wisconsin BH folks!

TB
              Tom Betka, CFII, A&P
              Stevens Point, WI

Comment

Nice phone visit. Looking forward to your visit on Monday and going for a plane ride with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tailwind View Post
                  Nice phone visit. Looking forward to your visit on Monday and going for a plane ride with you.
                  Sorry I couldn't make it up there that day to fly with you Bob--and thanks so much for the offer. My wife had some post-op issues that required me to hang close to home that day, so I pretty much stayed in town that whole week. She's doing fine now though, so it was nothing serious...just a little too much too soon, getting back to work.

I'll get up there to meet you one of these days though--it's definitely on my list of things to do!

TB
                  Tom Betka, CFII, A&P
                  Stevens Point, WI

Comment

Working...
                  X