Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopeful future builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopeful future builder

Hi all,
    New member on the forum. I'm a hopeful future builder in a year or two. Currently leaning towards either the Patrol or LSA and would ultimately like to put it on amphibs. A little about me....I have my PPL with seaplane rating. Almost all of my time is in nose-draggers other than about 1 hour in a t/w Glastar. Have about 20 hours of float time. I'm an avionics tech by profession but currently teaching at a local college in the aircraft maintenance program. I previously owned a Zenair CH300 that my father built but sold it when my son was born...no time to fly. Have rented and borrowed airplanes off and on after that but really would like to get back to owning my own so I can fly when and where I want. I really hate the restrictions and limitations that come with renting. I was looking forward to seeing some Bearhawks at Airventure this summer but alas that is not to be. Would be interested in checking out any builders in the Southern Ontario area (I'm just north of Newmarket) when some of these social distancing restrictions are relaxed.
    Cheers,
    Steve Hoffman

Welcome aboard Steve, your avionics skills will be a welcome addition. If your a scratch builder, for the cost of the drawings, and a little bit of sheet metal, you can build for a long time.
    Gerry
    Patrol #30

Comment

Hello Steve, I live in Kitchener just off the 401. I am plans building a Patrol and am just about to the point of a Quick Build. Stop by anytime. Phone 519 653-7393.
      Ed
      Last edited by Ed Welfred; 05-14-2020, 02:10 PM.
      Patrol (modified)

Comment

• SteveH
        SteveH commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Ed, that would be great. I'd love to take a look at a Patrol sometime. Will be in touch once this little virus thing settles a bit more. Appreciate the offer.
        Steve
    Working...
    X