Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member in Phoenix, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in Phoenix, AZ

Greetings everyone. I live under the downwind of the southern runway at Deer Valley airport (KDVT). I love the sound of airplane noise. I recently started searching for something to fly for fun, I have a commercial license with an instrument rating for ASEL/ASES/AMEL. It's been many years since I have had a chance to fly. I'm 6'4" and my height is primarily in my torso which is a challenge at times, especially when it comes to airplanes. I got my license in a Grumman Tiger (AG-5B) and more then once I left imprints on the canopy roof from hitting my head on the canopy. I recently stumbled across the bear hawk, and just binge watching a whole bunch of build videos. I have a friend who has a C-182 at Deer Valley, and he's a big guy like me, and we fit ok enough to go flying together. So reading that the Bearhawk fuselage is the same width is encouraging. Also the higher MTOW is appealing, since so many other planes have MTOW that don't leave a whole lot of room for two folks and fuel.

Anyway, I am looking forward to learning more about the Bearhawks and seeing the challenges of building and the fantastic end results.

Welcome aboard!
    Bearhawk central is down at KCHD.
    drop In sometime for a visit.

Kevin D
    # 272

Comment

• JohnBergt
      JohnBergt commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you, I will make it a point to do so after the holiday craziness

Welcome aboard John!

I am building a 4-place QB out in Goodyear, you are welcome to swing by and check out the project.

Carl

Comment

• JohnBergt
      JohnBergt commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you, I will make it a point to do so after the holiday craziness. I just realized I have your build log open on mykitlog.com
      Last edited by JohnBergt; 11-23-2020, 08:57 AM.
Working...
X