Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recieved Patrol plans nothern IL 2021-2-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recieved Patrol plans nothern IL 2021-2-18

Hi. My name is Mark, new Patrol plans holder contemplating a scratch build.

I’m still at the busy with young kids stage of life so I don’t expect to be making too much progress in the near term.

I’ve been checking out posts here for a few weeks and am impressed by the resourcefulness. I haven’t built an airplane before, but I design and build things from metal for a living so I have some skills and useful related equipment. Plan on “building” in the computer first since that is what I am most familiar with.

Currently have a J3 (21yrs). Was considering supercub, but I’d like to be able to actually get somewhere and know too well what it is like to try to do that on a day with any wind. So the additional speed, plus metal construction attracted me to the Bearhawk.

Look forward to learning and contributing where I can. Also hope to be able to connect with someone within 250 miles or so of Chicago are who has a Patrol they are willing to show off after the Midwest fully thaws out.

It is my observation that fabricators seem to have the highest completion success building a Bearhawk.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

I am in Madison, Wi. You are welcome to discuss online or visit my hangar at C29.

Comment

There's lots of small bits that you can file on while watching the kids. No need to mock it up on the tube, everything is in the prints. The time you spend on the computer is better spent making parts. Just buy a little material and start building. Welcome aboard.
        Cheers
        Gerry
        Patrol #30

Comment

Hi, Mark. I'm in Elgin waiting on delivery of my Patrol QB. My name's Pete. You'd be welcome to visit once I've settled into the project.

Comment

Working...
          X