Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas gathering stage…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas gathering stage…

Hi folks,

I am in the Ideas gathering stage, and was close, but wasn’t completely sold on the idea of building a bear hawk…until the 6 seater plans came out….well a guy needs a patrol too right? Shoot, I can’t see a way around ultimately building 2 planes, or more. But that’s more a commentary on my affliction/disease than anything.

I have been looking into a build for about 3 years looking at various planes, moose, rans, kit fox, etc and keep circling back to the bearhawks…what great designs! Anyway, I met a fella who had completed a patrol here recently, and I have to say I was pretty well sold on em before, now I hit the tipping point. Haven’t purchased my plans yet, but I guess that’ll be one of the next things.

In the meantime, I’ll just be lurking and absorbing all the info I can. Thanks to all who contribute to this resource.

Actually, there’s no way around the patrol- I got the two kits a year apart- separate/ smaller hits.

Comment

You just described my journey of deciding what to build as well. I had looked at several different designs including the Zenith 701 and 801, the Murphy Moose, Bounsall super prospector, and several others. The Bearhawk always drew me due to the wide performance spectrum. When I saw the plans for the Five, I was completely hooked and knew what I was going to build especially considering my family had outsized a four seat aircraft.
      On the same note though, if you have a big plane there are times when it would be nice to have a smaller plane as well and once the Five is finished I will have all of the equipment and tools.....

Looks like Paul might be right..
      Bill Duncan
      Troy, Idaho
      Bearhawk Five Scratchbuild - Plans #5053
      N53BD - reserved
      Builders-Log

Comment

I am building a patrol after I am done my model 5. Already purchased the 4130 tubing & 2024 for the wings. I enjoy building.

Comment

Working...
        X