Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Iowa future builder of a Bearhawk 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Iowa future builder of a Bearhawk 5

Hello everyone!! I am completely new to the airplane builder and aviation community. I started out a few months ago suddenly dreaming about getting my PPL (totally not due to having just went on vacation with the wife and kids and dealing with tsa, airports, etc. and hating it!!). Through my research, I discovered that the CERTIFIED world is expensive!

Then I discovered the word Experimental. I shuddered at the thought of EXPIREMENTING with flying.....but I went down the rabbit hole. The YouTube algorithm is amazing is all I can say about that!!

So here I am, waiting for my play money to save up a bit, dreaming of scratch building a Bearhawk 5!! Hopefully I'll get started in just a couple months or so...CANT WAIT!!!

I am currently based in Ankeny, IA (just a couple miles north of Des Moines), but we will be moving down to Chariton, IA in a couple months. I will be renting a pretty decent sized building for my semi-truck business (that currently I am the only driver of so far LOL) in Osceola, IA, and that is where I plan on setting up my scratch build project.

I would love to someday connect with other bearhawk builders in my area (if there are any around here LOL!) BTW, I have a YouTube channel....if anyone wants to check it out...it's got like 2 videos so far, nothing fancy, but the plan is to document and vlog my journey from dreaming of flying to actually flying! The channel name is FlightDreams. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0q..._PlEJiqc3L4i1A
    Once I have 100 Subscribers, YouTube will let me change the URL to something better. Until then, thats the URL lol!

Anyways, I'm happy to have discovered this world and I can't wait to get started!! Looking forward to being a useful member of this community! I'm planning on dragging my wife to Oshkosh this year while she rolls her eyes at me, maybe I'll meet some of yall up there!

Just got back from Iowa. CFW area and Charles City. All I could think was what a lot of places to land a small airplane! Or have a piece of land there with a large shop or even your own airstrip!
    Frank Forney
    Englewood CO
    https://eaabuilderslog.org?s=FranksLSA
    EAA Chapter 301

Comment

Iowa is definitely pretty flat and wide open! Love it here

Comment

Welcome to the Bearhawk community! I’m new myself and already connecting with lots of good folks. Keep us posted!

Randy
        Randy Beck
        BH5 QB kit builder starting May, 2022
        Cable Airport, Upland, CA, USA

Comment

Working...
        X