Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member, Bearhawk 5 interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, Bearhawk 5 interest

Hello all! I have been following the bearhawk aircraft for a number of years. The bearhawk 5 has grabbed my attention and won't let it go. Seems to be the perfect 'do all' airplane. Here to learn all I can and potentially find an airplane or kit to purchase along the way. Currently own a rans S6es and a bell 47. My wife and I want something we can travel in but still land in the back country.. bearhawk checks those boxes!

Originally posted by Buddyv View Post
    Hello all! I have been following the bearhawk aircraft for a number of years. The bearhawk 5 has grabbed my attention and won't let it go. Seems to be the perfect 'do all' airplane. Here to learn all I can and potentially find an airplane or kit to purchase along the way. Currently own a rans S6es and a bell 47. My wife and I want something we can travel in but still land in the back country.. bearhawk checks those boxes!
    I had the same thing happen, I had been looking at different aircraft kits for quite a few years, mulled over building a Murphy Moose, a Zenith 801, and several others. Once the BH5 came out, I knew what I was going to build. It has incredible versatility and that is exactly what I wanted in an aircraft. It is not as much of a STOL aircraft as the 801 but it cruises a whole lot faster and is more of a "practical stol" aircraft since it can haul a large load at a high cruise speed and still take off and land reasonably short.

Welcome to the community!

- Bill
    Bill Duncan
    Troy, Idaho
    Bearhawk Five Scratchbuild - Plans #5053
    N53BD - reserved
    Builders-Log

Comment

• Buddyv
      Buddyv commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome and thank you! I also look at the murphy moose.. it seems to be an incredible airplane, but also a large one. Side by side I think for my purpose the bearhawk wins over. Looking forward to learning and happy to be here!!
Working...
X