Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member in SW Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in SW Ontario

Just bought a set of plans to do a scratch built Patrol. Have a few other projects on the go before I can start on this though so for now I'm just doing research and gathering materials to be ready to start. Day job is a DOM for a local helicopter company, and building this will allow me to have more hands on time like I use to.

Seems there is a couple bearhawks in close proximity to London area so maybe I can meet up with them and get a bit of a closer look.

Welcome to the Forums!

Comment

• JHowes
      JHowes commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, there is a lot of good information here

Welcome to the forum

I’m on the east side of the GTA

Maybe you have access to a bending brake now

if not there is a 8 foot brake at the Brampton RAA club house with a radius on the nose… its a bit of a drive for you… but if you’re stuck it’s an option

they also have an industrial mill and engine lathe plus lots of other goodies

its just $45 for a year membership there.. they give you a key and you can use their stuff anytime.. always other builders hanging around there and they do a monthly bar-b-q…everyone is super friendly… they have to rent a lecture hall at the airport to fit everyone in for monthly meetings

waterloo is closer to you and they have a big RAA chapter …but I’m not familiar with what sort of equipment they have… if you find out about other resources near you please post them
    Last edited by way_up_north; 10-15-2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I live in Kitchener and am plans building a Patrol and just had my precover inspection. Your welcome to get in touch at any time. We have an RAA club in Kitchener/Waterloo but there is also an active RAA club in St Thomas that is close to you.
      Patrol (modified)

Comment

Thank you very kindly for the information Way_up_north and Ed, not too familiar with the RAA clubs but it sounds like that will have to change.
        Every now and then I pass through Kitchener to do work with Rotor Services / GLH, would be interested in checking out the project one of these days.

Again I appreciate the warm welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X