Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from South Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from South Oregon

Hi,
    Soon to be new private pilot here. My checkride is just around the corner. Up till last year i was planning to build a Wittman W10 tailwind, best bang for the money to go somewhere fast airplane. I even have the plans.
    However I became a father, and realize that it is not only me and the wife anymore, but our daughter will be flying with us. So in my search for an affordable 4 seater that can still go somewhere and land practically anywhere i found the bearhawk 4 place. I am super excited for this project.

I am keen on building as much of the plane as i can starting with 4130 steel tubing, but would not mind continuing a built project if i find the right one.

Looking forward to learn from all of you here. And if anyone is in the Southern Oregon area i would love a ride to check out the bearhawk 4 or 5 seater. My home airport is KMFR.

Welcome, from the other end of the state. I was in a similar starting point as you - plans built, new PPL, baby - and still learning new things on all of the above.
    I've been meaning to fly down to KMFR to visit friends, and wouldn't mind picking your brain on routes and local weather knowledge. Would be great to meet up. You're always welcome to come up and see the Patrol project any time.
    Congratulations on becoming a father, and best of luck on your check ride!
    Mark
    Scratch building Patrol #275
    Hood River, OR

Comment

Lots of builders in the PNW to offer advice and encouragement. Welcome aboard.
      Gerry
      Patrol #30

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I just finished up my checkride for my PPL on July 24 and am building the 5' much for the same reason you are looking to build a 4 place (I have three boys). If you are ever in the KPUW area let me know and you are welcome to meet up and look over my project! My post frequency on my build has dropped off the last month due to traveling for work but hopefully I will be able to make up for lost time once work slows down.
        Bill Duncan
        Troy, Idaho
        Bearhawk Five Scratchbuild - Plans #5053
        N53BD - reserved
        Builders-Log

Comment

Thank you guys for the warm welcome! Will dm you if when i am close to your airports. Feel free to reach out anytime you are in the area!

Comment

Working...
          X