Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in Bearhawk 4-place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in Bearhawk 4-place

At this time I think a Bearhawk 4-place might be a reasonable plane to which to switch. This is based on reading specifications and comparing to my typical and desired flying. I have not had the chance to see one in person. If anyone in the Anchorage, AK area has one they are willing to let me climb in and check out, I would appreciate that. I can fly to anywhere in southcentral and some beyond.

Welcome!! What aircraft are you switching from? What in particular aspect of the Bearhawk meets your desire? Which Model? Four Place, Patrol, LSA, Five?
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Originally posted by Bcone1381 View Post
      Welcome!! What aircraft are you switching from? What in particular aspect of the Bearhawk meets your desire? Which Model? Four Place, Patrol, LSA, Five?
      Brooks, you hating on the Companion
      N678C
      https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
      Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Ha!!!!! I forgot about the Companion! No disrepect intended.
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Originally posted by Bcone1381 View Post
          Currently I co-own a Cessna 182Q. The Bearhawk 4-place is the model in which I think I am interested. Reasons for desiring something different are
          1. Would benefit greatly from a cargo door (folding bikes)
          2. Would benefit from ability to fly higher (lots of mountains here). 182Q has service ceiling of 12,000 feet (I have never actually reached that though).
          3. Would benefit from tailwheel for off airport landing (currently land on only smoother, longer surfaces)
          I still want the ability to fly IFR (I think it is fun, and I teach instrument ground school currently). That requires as much altitude as I can get (MEA's are often >=10,000)

Comment

Working...
          X