Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member: San Jose, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member: San Jose, CA

Hi There! I'm a ASEL+G, Tailwheel and Tow Pilot +HP from San Jose. Currently owning and flying a Cessna C140 and enjoying backcountry and airplane camping. I'm a failed Sonex builder (from ~12 years ago) but the building itch keeps coming back. I'm in a different place now, Kids grew up and I now KNOW what I want, and I want a Bearhawk LSA

I'm getting the plans for Christmas, planning to take a Tig Welding class and start with tail surfaces from scratch. Once I show to myself I did it, I'll be able to handle the rest. I intend to buy sub-assemblies as needed to speed up the build.

Welcome! I’m in Sunnyvale, just up the road. Feel free to DM if you’d like to stop by and see my in-progress 4-place QB.

Comment

Dpearson I will make the trek to your shop after new years some time. I enjoyed your updates at the EAA chapter meeting

Comment

Santa brought me LSA plans #294!!

I did the first read-through of "The Bearhawk LSA Book" and started to study the plans. I also digitized the plans (to scale) so I can use them on my computer and even browse on my phone! On to garage cleanup (aka workshop preparation) and signing up for a welding class.​

I wish the printed plans came with digitized version, but 4 hours later I created my own (don't worry this is low resolution index view - I believe in copyright).
        Screenshot_2023-12-25_18-52-08.png
        Last edited by saahbs; 12-25-2023, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X