Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here! New Pilot, interested in Bearhawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here! New Pilot, interested in Bearhawks

Hello all, I am a not quite finished with my private license pilot. I have been trolling around the net for a while looking for the right airplane and ever since I learned about the Bearhawk I just seem to keep getting drawn into it. I don't have much for money, so I was going to plans build to keep initial costs down and gather materials as funds become available. Its a terrible idea I'm sure but I have to try! I'm gonna start scouring the classifieds and learning all that I can from the discussions and see if there is a good deal on a started and not yet finished to save some time or order plans and get started.

Welcome to the group! I have been working on my 4place for around 3 years now. Due to financial constraints, I am scratchbuilding mine so I know what it is like to scrape together the cash for the next materials order. The nice thing about scratch building is that you don't have to come up with a lot of money all at once (as far as aviation goes), however, it makes sense to order as much as the bulky stuff like sheet aluminum as possible to reduce shipping. Nice thing about the 4x12 sheets of aluminum is that they can be rolled up and shipped through UPS, if I remember right 3 sheets/box. When I am ordering through ACS, I watch the ups shipping rate so I can maximize the amount of junk for the amount I will be spending on shipping...and yes, it seems that the higher the $ amount, the smaller the box, and the more depressed you will be when the box shows up.
    Joe
    Scratch-building 4-place #1231
    Almost Wyoming region of Nebraska

Comment

Working...
    X