Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAA992 Skiplane Fly-In and Chili Feed -- Sat, 2/11/2017 -- Marshfield, WI (KMFI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAA992 Skiplane Fly-In and Chili Feed -- Sat, 2/11/2017 -- Marshfield, WI (KMFI)

It's that time of year again! Time for our annual Ski Plane Fly In and Chili Feed! This year, it will be held on Saturday, February 11, from 10:00a to 1:00p.

Like last year, there will be a variety of chili recipes from which to choose, each one provided by our own members and expert chili chefs!

I'm excited about another great year of chili and ski planes! Looking forward to hearing from each of you and seeing you there!

Best regards,
    Chris

Christopher Owens
    President, EAA Chapter 992
    Marshfield, WI
    http://www.eaa992.org/

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Yesterday I sprayed a few trim pieces, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. You guys are planning a ski plane fly-in...
    Talk about climate change!

Bill

Comment

And winter is nowhere near over up here on the frozen tundra!
      Christopher Owens

Comment

Chris, do you have any snow up there? I'm about 3 hours south in Monroe, and was thinking about coming up for the fly-in depending on the weather.
        Thanks,
        Lucas Suthers

Comment

We do, but it's crusty since we had some freezing rain on it this week. Under the crusty stuff we've probably got about 6" of the white stuff.

It's supposed to be in the 30s on Saturday. A lot nicer than the 20 below it's been the last 2-3 years.

We're having it regardless of weather or snow conditions. I hope you can make it!

I'll also be at Oshkosh ski plane flying the weekend after, if you care to meet there.
          Christopher Owens

Comment

Bob here from krpd. I will try to make it over if we get vfr weather.

Comment

That would be great, Bob. Hope to see you. Fly safe!
              Christopher Owens

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day! Come by and visit us for some fine chili and great friends. Snow conditions are pretty good in the center of the field. 4-6" of snow in most places beneath a 1/6"-1/8" crust of ice from a recent freezing rain event. If you're flying in on skis, the things should be good. And, of course, if you're on wheels, well, you're always good to go!

Christopher Owens

Comment

Nice meeting you today Chris, and my wife says you guys need to make a cookbook with all of your chili recipes!

Comment

Thanks for making the trip up! It was a pleasure spending time chatting with you all. Best of luck with your NP!
                    Christopher Owens

Comment

Working...
                    X