Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flyin this Saturday June 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyin this Saturday June 18th

I'm hosting a Flyin at my place this Saturday June 18th, Anyone willing to fly or drive in are welcome!

Location is not on the charts, its 1300ft long. Basically a smooth hayfield.

I'm in Texas SW of KLXY 18miles, attached is a pic of map and coordinates. You can call also 713-417-2519
    Attached Files

Strip is mowed and ready! Just need some Bearhawks
    Attached Files

Comment

Frank,
      I live in Austin. I would be driving. What time did you think you would be getting started?

stan
      bearhawkpatrol@gmail.com
      EAABuildersLog.org is a airplane builders log website to store your projects on the web for free. The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc.) provides this website for it's members for free..

Stan
      Austin Tx

Comment

How was the flyin? Any pictures or Bearhawks? That is a beautiful location. Trust it went well. Wish we were a little closer and could have dropped in.
        Stephen B. Murphey
        Bearhawk LSA
        Building #L-089

Comment

I will not make it to Oshkosh this year. Frank's flyin was a nice local attraction. I saw Frank's LSA project as well as how he makes wood propellers. It had not occurred to me that they were not carved out of a tree trunk.

The first thing I did was go home and start cleaning up my work area. Frank had a nice setup. My work area has lots of sharp stabby things poking out everywhere.

The only downside was now I want to make a propeller.

stan
          Stan
          Austin Tx

Comment

Originally posted by sbmurphey View Post
            How was the flyin? Any pictures or Bearhawks? That is a beautiful location. Trust it went well. Wish we were a little closer and could have dropped in.
            Unfortunately no Bearhawks showed up, and mine is under construction. Plus I was so busy cooking and visiting no pics were taken. I really need to designate someone as photographer next time, LOL. We had 14 planes total and a nice variety. Going to do it again in the Fall(November or so) and hope to showcase my flying LSA.

Edit. Although no Bearhawk planes flew in there were 3 builders (-:

Comment

Originally posted by PropMan View Post

Unfortunately no Bearhawks showed up, and mine is under construction. Plus I was so busy cooking and visiting no pics were taken. I really need to designate someone as photographer next time, LOL. We had 14 planes total and a nice variety. Going to do it again in the Fall(November or so) and hope to showcase my flying LSA.

Edit. Although no Bearhawk planes flew in there were 3 builders (-:
              Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you had a good turnout and even some builders.
              Stephen B. Murphey
              Bearhawk LSA
              Building #L-089

Comment

I did not think to take pictures of the flyin either. Then again if I had they would have been pictures of Frank's Mahindra tractor.
                stan
                Stan
                Austin Tx

Comment

Working...
                X