Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sioux model 1412 air dril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux model 1412 air dril

After drilling a number of holes I feel compelled to write a short review about the above. This is what's called a "mini palm drill" and is the 3,600 RPM version. Brown tool has these for under $200. I also opted for the "Sioux-Per" swivel/regulator (made in China no less), another $20 or so. If you are building a Bearhawk this is one tool you should consider. This thing is a little jewel. It's super light, plenty of torque for the sheet metal work we do. It's very tight, grab the chuck and move it around, there's not a lot of play. A cushioned grip so your hand doesn't freeze and a beautifully machined chuck. I'm afraid to scratch it up. I have a pad that I lay it on between holes! I couldn't imagine working without the swivel, and the regulator works great. The swivel is not so big as to be obtrusive. I have by mistake, rotated the regulator to a lower speed by grazing my pant leg but once you hear it a full song, you'll know if something is off. It's a little more money but I think it's worth it.
    Cheers
    Gerry
    Patrol #30 Wings

I'll second that. I can't say for certain which model it is, but I love my little 1/4" Sioux air drill.
    Phil Schaefer
    Patrol #073
    Working on Spars

Comment

I agree. I have had that same drill for about 10 years. Love it. Would buy the same drill again. Also have to small 90 drill. A little more pricey than the others but well worth it. Anyone know where to get repair party for them, Can you get them through snapon since they own the company?
      John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

Working...
      X