Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Data Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Data Plates

I had to take a short break from building to take care of some minor health issues and took the opportunity to catch up on paperwork. One of the things I wanted to do is get a data plate made, either by myself or a company. I photoshopped a sample of what I wanted using a freebie from AK Airmen's as a starting point (unfortunately there is no place for a builder's name). I looked online in a number of places and either the already made ones were not what I was looking for or the custom ones were outrageously expensive. I found a local laser engraving place (just a few miles from my house) and asked if they could do something for me and sent them a pic of what I wanted. They said sure, no problem and came up with a prototype within an hour. They only had black "outdoor" AL, but could also etch stainless. So I brought them a piece of .016 SS cut to size and had them make one of each. Cost? $4 for the AL tag and $4.50 for the SS tag. I gave them $10 and told her she isn't charging enough!

Anyway, they are a nice young couple and run this business out of their garage. I asked if it was OK to put this on the forum and said sure.

BH Data Plate Idea.jpgAll three.jpgSS Plate.jpgAL Plate.jpgEngraving company card.jpg
Working...
X