Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riveting Root Ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riveting Root Ribs?

Anyone have a slick way to secure the double root ribs while driving the rivets for the stiffeners? I tried just clamping the flange to the edge of my work bench and ended up drilling out 3 of the first 5 rivets I attempted. Not a good average.
    Thanks.
    Phil Schaefer
    Patrol #073
    Working on Spars

I used a back rivet tool for all the riveting on the center rib stiffeners. I drilled a hole in a large chunk to hold the die for the factory head. the back rivet tool in my 2x rivet gun has a spring loaded collar that also tends to hold the material together.
    John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

How did you use that for the root ribs with stiffeners on both sides?
      Phil Schaefer
      Patrol #073
      Working on Spars

Comment

Final solution was simply a spacer or 3/4" ply so I could clamp it to the edge of my work bench.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Phil Schaefer
        Patrol #073
        Working on Spars

Comment

Working...
        X