Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk Videos - Landings and Takeoffs #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk Videos - Landings and Takeoffs #5

More GoPro footage of t/o and landings...
    This is "Boyd Ranch - Bearhawk Workout" by Mike Creek on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

These are a few off airport landings just for practice. These are a short distance from the hangar and are located on private property. The old saying, if it looks smooth, it's probably rough applies here! These sites were first scouted by dirt bike, then first landings were made with 35-inch bushwheels; I'm now landing with 29's but 35's are still preferred. Some rather large rodent holes are evident; the LZ is mostly picked to avoid the holes. This video was made using Cloudbase Engineering's wing strut mount, and a GoPro Hero 3+ with a neutral density filter. I like this camera position as it shows the pilot, landing gear, and still gives a forward view.

This is "Morning Escape - Elko Mountain" by Mike Creek on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

I should mention that most of these videos also get posted on the backcountrypilot.org (BCP) website so if you are a visitor to that site as well, you may have already seen some of these videos.

The next 3 videos are from the 2011 Caveman Ranch fly in, (Southern Utah) and were taken from around that area. Nothing fancy here, just some video of the features unique to this beautiful area, no sound. Please excuse the "jello" effect in some of these. They were taken with an older Drift camera. Glad the POV camera technology has improved so dramatically since.

This is 1 of 3.

This is "Caveman 2011-1" by Mike Creek on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Video 2 of 3 (Caveman Ranch).
        This is "Caveman 2011-2" by Mike Creek on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Video 3 of 3 (Caveman Ranch). At the end of this video is the San Rafel Swell, a rather impressive geologic feature (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Rafael_Swell). I hope you all get the chance to fly your Bearhawks through southern Utah sometime.
          This is "Caveman 2011-3" by Mike Creek on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
          Last edited by Blackrock; 09-10-2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X