Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Austin Nevada Fly-In Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Nevada Fly-In Photos

These were taken while in and Around the Austin Nevada Fly In. Lots of great community support and a real family oriented event, plus flying of course.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 12 photos.
    Last edited by Blackrock; 08-27-2015, 08:28 PM.

So before and after the main events of the fly in, several of us decided to go play in the hills and also at a hot spring located adjacent to a dry lake bed, about 1/2 mile distant. Being lazy pilots, we decided that was too far of a walk so landed close and taxied in. This video is a bit long at about 10 minutes and isn't anything fancy, just a collection of clips and photos from "around" the area. Hope it doesn't put anyone to sleep!

This is "Austin Composite" by Mike Creek on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

Great day! I enjoyed watching your technique as much as anything. As a newly-minted tailwheel pilot, I was following along with your control movements and such to see how you were doing things. I imagine it's second nature to you by now, but the fun has just begun for me!
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Excellent Chris, enjoy. Glad to hear you find the videos useful, and yes, the control inputs are second nature now. Have fun with your new adventure flying tail wheel airplanes. Wish I' had started much earlier than I did. Have you finished your plane? Is that what you are flying now?

It took quite a while for me to get comfortable with wheel landings in the Bearhawk. Now I use them most of the time as you probably noticed. Three point landings are still the shortest as I can brake heavily initially.

Mike

Comment

Those photos by Brent are really great. One of those is my new wallpaper.

Comment

Very cool Zane! I had no idea he was there doing that until late Sat when he went with us to the hot spring. He does a great job that's for sure.

Comment

My Bearhawk is definitely a work in progress. I earned my TW in a Citabria last fall, and have just started flying a ragwing C-140 to gain experience. I'm looking forward to improving!
              Christopher Owens
              Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
              Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
              Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

• Blackrock
                Blackrock commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like you are off to a good start. It really is about the journey so enjoying that. That is what it is really all about. Congrats on getting your TW endorsement early on. Hopefully you get to fly often! I get rusty after only 3-weeks of not flying.
            Working...
            X