Recent content by dramsey

  1. dramsey

    South-East Bearhawk Flyin - Nov. 13th-15th, 2026 - Lynchburg, SC

    I plan to be there, weather allowing. Thanks for the invite. Enjoyed talking with you and Monica at Triple Tree.
  2. dramsey

    Boot cowl top avionics access question:

    Wish I had done that.
  3. dramsey

    Bearhawk Fly In: 17 October 2026

    Are you guys spending the night Friday or just doing a Saturday day trip?
  4. dramsey

    Best Tips for a New Builder

    I second the organized labeled hardware containers . Disorganization is the enemy of progress. Also try to have multiple efforts going at once so if you run into a bottleneck (have to order parts etc) in one area, you can shift over to the other and keep moving, If you get sick of doing...
  5. dramsey

    Welcome to the New Forum Software! Post Questions and Problems Here

    I agree, great work! i would get bounced off in the middle of making posts previously. This is no longer happening.
  6. dramsey

    BH5 wheel pants speed/efficiency improvements

    Thank you for the kind words.! We learn from each other.
  7. dramsey

    BH5 wheel pants speed/efficiency improvements

    0 Steps: Pick a shape you like. I used the RV10 wheel pant shape as a starting point. Sketch the shape onto poster board and cut it out. Transfer to a block of foam (I just glued cheap blocks of styrofoam together). Carved with an electric turkey carving knife to the approximate shape then...
  8. dramsey

    BH5 wheel pants speed/efficiency improvements

    I did the paint. Its superflite paint with them matching custom colors i picked out
  9. dramsey

    BH5 wheel pants speed/efficiency improvements

    I will compile a description and photos and share those.
  10. dramsey

    BH5 wheel pants speed/efficiency improvements

    Kevin here are three photos taken minutes apart during sunrise first flight. Paint is loaded with metal flake and changes color with the amount of light.
  11. dramsey

    BH5 wheel pants speed/efficiency improvements

    Thank you!! Tires are 7’s. What specifically would you like photos of from the outside? The wheel pants or what other parts would be helpful? Would be glad to. There is a photos link that Jared took at Sun N Fun and some i posted after finishing the fuselage. But more than happy to take...
  12. dramsey

    BH5 wheel pants speed/efficiency improvements

    On Fri, Aug 7, 2026 at 5:12 PM Dennis Ramsey <doramsey@gmail.com> wrote: It takes about 5 minutes to remove the wheel pants and through them in the luggage if I feel they might get damaged in a particular intended landing spot, So basically I got almost a 20% range improvement with a little...
  13. dramsey

    Fingers smashed between seat and frame

    I wanted to share a problem I had that could be very serious. Granted most of you would not be as stupid as I was. I had just finished an engine run after fine tuning the fuel servo mixture. My mind was distracted as I analyzed the data. I shut down and was going to exit the plane. I normally...
Back
Top