Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Buy on Control Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Buy on Control Cable?

After reading the threads on this board and others, and the FAA circulars.....I've decided to go with Tin over Zinc 1/8" control cable for my Bearhawk build. This is the material many of the OEMs use, ie. Boeing, etc. in lieu of stainless. I received a quote from http://www.loosco.com/, which is an American company based in CT. The price is less than Spruce sells their cable for but I've got to buy a minimum of 500 ft. So if there are a couple of other builders that would like to use the same material, I'll handle the logistics of getting the cable to you.
    Last edited by mswain; 10-13-2014, 03:38 PM.

I have never heard "tin over zinc". Is that the same as galvanized? I am not far enough along to be thinking about it yet. About how many feet will a patrol use?

Doug
    Scratch building Patrol #254

Comment

It is a tin coated galvanized cable. Tin reduces stretch over straight galvanized, ie. the tension remains more constant over time. Also, and I suppose it's subjective.....the tin coating is supposed to have a better "feel" through the control system.

Comment

Count me in, thanks!
        Mark J

Comment

I'm interested. Thanks

Comment

I would be interested as well.

Comment

Sent a PM to you guys.

Comment

I have 1 roll of 150' cable if anyone wants it, this is enough for an airplane plus a bit extra. Price is $137 plus shipping. Includes certification certificate.

Comment

I'm surprised you haven't had any more takers for the premium U.S. made cable at that price, sure glad I got in on it!

Comment

I'll take it,
                    Thanks, Charles

Comment

The remaining roll has been spoken for.

If there are any other builders that want this in the future, contact me and I'll pass the sales rep info to you. You need at least 4 builders to make the pricing work, but they were friendly and spooled the order on 4 separate rolls....making it easy to distribute.

Comment

Working...
                      X