Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol wings on the LSA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol wings on the LSA?

Are the Patrol wings (with flaps) a direct bolt on to the LSA fuselage? Thanks Andy

I don't have plans for the two, but I do recall that the airfoils are a different thickness, so I would doubt it. Bob would probably be able to tell you off the top of his head what all would have to change. They certainly wouldn't be interchangeable. And even if they were, you'd have to have something to connect the flaps to, which the LSA would not have without modification. Is the underlying question one of how to put flaps onto the LSA? That same discussion with Bob would be a good chance for him to talk you out of it

Comment

The distance between the spars is different. Also, Bob used an airfoil for the LSA designed for a lower HP engine and slower speeds. Build as designed would be my recommendation. Mark

Comment

Do you have an LSA fuselage already?
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

No, just thinking out loud. I sometimes wish for flaps on my Champ....... The LSA's T/O and cruise performance with a very similar engine that my airplane has is enticing, may just have to get a set of plans.

Comment

Working...
          X