Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch build

I'm looking to buy a set of plans to build a Bearhalk 4 seater I am trying to find anyone building in Europe I can see that a builder in Newcastle UK has taken up the challenge can you please contact me if you have the time. We might be able to help one and other. Also I was wondering if anyone has a digital copy of the bear hawk four seater plans As I have access to a cnc router and as this would make cutting out a lot of the components far more simple .

As far as I know, there are no electronic versions of the plans out there. That being said, if you take a look at the Bearhawk Group archive on Yahoo, one person did draft out the wing cross-section in ACAD. You might be able to use it as a starting point.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Look for "W_RIBS...dxf/.dwg". Someone put them out in a few different formats.

There are some other miscellaneous files there that also may be of interest.
    Last edited by Chris In Milwaukee; 11-30-2015, 01:14 PM.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Thanks for the lead I tried the link to see what was available unfortunately the old web sight on yahoo no longer works. Are the plans for the 4 place good quality I'm a bit reluctant to pay 300 $ especially if they're only hand drafts.

Comment

All of Bob's plans are hand drawn, and are of excellent quality. Bob is an old-school engineer and does his work with paper and pen. Don't let that discourage you! They are outstanding. CAD isn't everything :-)

He does make you think about some things. You really have to "read" the plans and understand them. But, in my opinion, it helps you to understand the process and the mechanics that much better.
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Working...
      X