Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the beginning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the beginning....

Assuming we can work tonight Brent and I should finish the "beginning" of our Bearhawk project. By that I mean we will have essentially completed all the work to get us to the point of having a "quick build" plans built Bearhawk! We have the wings finished on racks and are now taking all parts off our fuselage and preparing them for priming and painting. All major structures are made and while there is plenty of "clean up" work we are calling this the end of the fabrication phase. From this point we start getting ready for actual assembly of the plane.

Of course plenty of details to go before anything is really in final assembly.

1. Prime and paint all structures.
    2. Inspect and weld all welds on fuselage that require it.
    3. One more belly pan that Brent only wants to do when fuselage is turned upside down.
    4. Complete custom aluminum wing tips (about 3/4 done).

However, at this point going forward Brent says when we put it on it is staying on! So we now have a "quick build" plans built....

Congrats. I am sure it feels good to reach such a milestone......

Comment

It does and it doesn't. First it is just another step on the journey and second it kinda feels backward to be taking the plane apart so you can build it again. Of course in reality it means we are getting closer to first flight but as Brent says "It all has to get done!".

But thanks! We are enjoying the process so it has been fun for the two of us.

Comment

Working...
      X