Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tape across your portfolio pages ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape across your portfolio pages ?

Just got my plan pages slid into the Itoya portfolio sheet protectors. The clear sheet seemed to want to stick to the black craft paper (static maybe).
    For those of you who have had them in for several months--- do the plan sheets want to slide out if its up side down ? ---- or do they stick a little
    once theyve been in awhile.....
    My first impulse was to put a couple of inch long strips of scotch tape across the ends of each pocket to prevent slide out accidents. trying to consider if tape
    will hurt anything long term......

HEY----- its too quiet around here !!!!! Is everybody busy building ? :-)

Tim

They seem to stay in there okay for me. I do have some of the other non-plans sheets in there as well, and they want to fall out. But it's the accessory stuff that came with the plans, like the 3-fold brochure, and stuff like that. The 17-by-whatever sheets are staying put. Probably couldn't hurt to put a piece of tape over the end. I didn't do that, myself, because some of the sheets I'll remove and put on the photocopier so I'll have a full-sized pattern to glue to a form block. Like the sheets for the aileron and flap nose/pocket ribs, for example.

It's generally pretty quiet around here, for the most part. Not crazy noisy like a Van's forum.

When important stuff happens from another builder, we usually know about it, though!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Where did you get the portfolio?
      Last edited by T.J. Frederick; 12-07-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I got mine from Amazon. Do a quick forum search for that term. It should turn up in a recent conversation within the last month or so. There will be a link in the message,

Chris
        Christopher Owens
        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I got mine at a local camera and hobby store. It was about 50$. I think they are about 38-40 on amazon. (Itoya brand)
          T

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X