Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk B spar questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk B spar questions

Hi guys

hope youre all having great time sobering up ....

Ive been taking the time over the holidays to go over the spar plans page 5 and really get to know it well

got a few questions.

-at section A-A is there a bar strip inserted to make up for there not being 2 spar caps on the bottom front of the spar? to keep things flush...just want to make sure I`m reading it right

-in the same section it calls out the spar height of 8.57(B model) inches, but should I shoot to make my spars based on the height of my #2 rib if this differs from the plans...I`m looking over Eric`s build manual and it seems its based on rib height. from Erics formula (spar flange x 2) + Rib height + 1/16..checking this is still the tried an true method...

I was wondering why I should not use my #14 rib to figure spar height since its full length? what #rib are you guys using to figure spar height?

Last edited by way_up_north; 01-01-2019, 05:17 PM.

Those are good questions---- Im about a month out from making my Bravo spar. Im listening too :-)
    Tim

Comment

Assuming your drawings are similar to the patrol:

The spacer bar at A-A is long on one side because the lower cap strip stops short of that location, so yes to keep the attach angle flush.

The 8.57" height is for reference and it's the same for all rib stations. Match your ribs. Make strips to practice on the bending brake until the flanges and rib fit are all correct, then note those bend line references for when you do the real thing.

Sure you can use rib 14. I don't think my ribs were even trimmed yet when I bent the spars so it didn't matter.

Mark
      Scratch building Patrol #275
      Hood River, OR

Comment

Working...
      X