Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

false rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• false rib

Trying to make sure I don't miss anything...

I can't see the constraining dimension for the false rib on the plans.These are the ones between the rear spar and fuel tank bay.

Should I...

(1) scale to the drawings, which would indicate an 8-7/16" length? (4-place model B)
    (2) cut/form long, and trim to length once I make the fuel tanks sometime (much) later)?
    (3) do something really cool that I don't even know about yet?

I'm going with (1) unless I hear persuasive opinions otherwise. I like that Bob dimensions the drawings minimally; we know what dimensions are important and what should be derived. I just want to make sure I don't miss something. I spend a lot of time staring at these plans, but sometimes my brain discovers something that never registered previously...

Nick
    4-Place Model 'B' Serial 1529B (with many years to go...)

Option 2, reason, manufacturing tolerance of the detail part and the assembly. It can stack up and turn your net detail part into scrap. Why make it hard on yourself, wait and trim to what you actually end up with for an assembly, then you know it will fit. For me, nothing is worse the halting forward progress to go back and fab new detail parts. Keep your options open.
    Gerry
    Patrol #30

Comment

Working...
    X