Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Tank Strap Doublers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Strap Doublers

Been offline for awhile with work, etc. So here's the dumb question for the day: Bearhawk B model, where is the callout for the Main Fuel Tank strap location on the main and False Spars?

I've studied Sheet 2B, 3B, 5B, 6B, "The Bearhawk Book" and the "model B supplement" and the closest thing I found was the illustration on the "FUEL TANKS" page. I was working the doublers on the false spar and noticed that you might run into the false rib if you're not careful in the placement.

Andy
    1423B Scratch

I don't think the placement is terribly critical. Been so long I forgot where I found all the info. I just set my tank in and marked things up. Here is what I wrote back when I did it.

Measured the width between center ribs 2 & 3 then trimmed the false spar to fit. I joggled the 4 corners of the false spar with my vice and joggle tool. Measured up from the rear spar 6 inches and set the outboard attach angle.  I used a little level to set it horizontally and clamped it … Continue reading →

The Bearhawk.tips website has some pretty detailed info on this also.......
    Last edited by mswain; 11-09-2020, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Using Drawing 2 and the Bearhawk B supplement and with Mike's help I think I figured out the layout. Here's a pic:

The Red Horizontal lines are the Rear Spar Cap Strips
      The Green Verticals are the Rear Spar attach angles
      The Yellow is the False Spar
      Baby Blue are the Short Ribs

Andy

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X