Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Transfer

Starting on working out my panel/wiring - I like to get ahead on things!

Is there any need/advantage to transferring fuel from the Aux tanks one at a time or can they be done together? Being a cautious/suspicious type, I was thinking that the best way might to be to run off one tank whilst transferring the other.

I have always run down both main tanks the 11+ gallons each and then transferred both aux tanks at the same time. You might have some wing heaviness if you only did one. Not the end of the world though. Mark

Comment

Fair enough - both together it is. I was just wondering whether there might be some "bubbling" or something that might cause air to get into the fuel.

Comment

There might be during the transfer so I would not have the transfer pumps on during take off or landing. But no one has had a problem transferring fuel during cruise part of flight. Generally, with the four fuel outlets (on Both position) - you will always have fuel available to the engine. Mark

Comment

Working...
        X