Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Park brake valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park brake valve

I purchased this nice looking Beringer park brake valve. When I got it home I noticed the installed nipples (the silver ones) are -3. I am using 1/4" tube with -4 fittings on the rest of the system. The question I have for you folks is can I run 1/8" tube from the park brake to the top of the gear legs and use 1/4" on the rest?

Looks to me like they simply screw into the 1/8"NPT port - can you not simply replace them with -4 nipples?

Comment

I wish Paul. I thought that too, but the ports are bigger than 1/8 NPT. there is also a spring inside those silver nipples.

Comment

[QUOTE=SimonNicholson;n32009
        . The question I have for you folks is can I run 1/8" tube from the park brake to the top of the gear legs and use 1/4" on the rest?[/QUOTE]

My opinion is yes. No problem. I might even be tempted to run -3 for the whole brake system.

Bill

Comment

Or anplumbing.com do an AN-3 to AN-4 adapter.......

Comment

. The hydraulic fluids job in the brake system is to transfer pressure. There is very little fluid movement.The diameter of the lines and fittings are not an issue in a brake system. The exception is while bleeding the system. Ed
            Patrol (modified)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Welfred View Post
              . The hydraulic fluids job in the brake system is to transfer pressure. There is very little fluid movement.The diameter of the lines and fittings are not an issue in a brake system. The exception is while bleeding the system. Ed
              Go with -3 for the whole system and save the weight. Regarding flow, in bitter cold weather 5606 is not nearly as thick as ATF and it's the airplane standard as well.

Comment

Working...
              X