Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firewall Width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall Width

I get my kit in about 3 weeks, and I am ordering materials and tools this week. One of the two changes I am going to make is using TI for the firewall and maybe the tunnel. I don't have my plans on hand, so I don't know the width of the firewall.

Can anyone post the width of the 4 place firewall? I am going to order a sheet of TI.

Width is 40", for the 4 place at least. The Ti sheet I got was 36"x48".
    Dave B.
    Plane Grips Co.
    www.planegrips.com

Comment

Thanks. That was enough for the firewall and tunnel? I don't mind have some extra leftover. I will use it for something. I will be mounting a bunch of stuff on the firewall.

Comment

Sorry, should have said sheets. I got two, the firewall takes almost all of one. If I had it to do again I would wait to form the tunnel until I had the firewall and bulkhead in place. I would also size it to fit over the firewall tunnel flange rather than inside, something that didn't occur to me until later in the process. As it is now I'd have to cut the corners of the flange if I wanted to do that, which is an option mentioned in the manual. Don't know if it's really worth it though.
        Dave B.
        Plane Grips Co.
        www.planegrips.com

Comment

I will take note of that, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X