Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel tank fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank fittings

Started putting in my tanks yesterday and am wondering what the outboard fittings are for? Connection to the auxiliary tanks (which I don't have)?

Thanks

Yes Greg. That is what they are there for. But I prefer running the aux tanks inboard to the fittings of the sight gauge. For you - just put a plug in those fittings. Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Can I ask for a clarification on that? Are you feeding/filling the tank from the inboard side? Just checking to see if you're feeding the from the aux tank to the main tank, or if you're feeding fuel to the engine from inboard and outboard tanks simultaneously.

Thanks!
      ~Chris
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
        Mark Goldberg commented
        Editing a comment
        The aux tanks have a transfer pump by their fuel outlet fitting. This pump usually pumps the fuel inboard to the main tank by "T" ing into a fitting for the sight gauge at the wing root. The aux tank fuel could get plumbed to that fitting on the outboard side of the main tank. But that is not my preferred way of doing it. Fuel for the engine only comes from the main tanks. Mark

• Chris In Milwaukee
        Chris In Milwaukee commented
        Editing a comment
        Very good, thanks. My mental picture is complete. :-)
    Working...
    X