Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flap and Aileron Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flap and Aileron Brackets

The flap and aileron mounting shouldn't be too difficult but seem to be giving me some grief....... Before I screw anything (else) up, some advice please.

Plan 14B shows the spacing of the brackets to be .29" which is correct for the bearings and the mounts without actuators. However, the rod-end bearings that were supplied for the flap and aileron actuating rods are .435" (7/16th). So, do I have the wrong rod-end bearings or do I need to widen the bracket spacing and then use washers to space the mount bearings?

Put a little joggle on each side of the hinge part that sticks forward to grab the rod end bearing of the pushrods. About a 1/16" joggle on each side will give you the spread you need. This would be preferable to using washers. Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark. Glad to see I’m not going mad after all. Do you ever sleep, by the way ....? 😂😂

I can see that the joggle would work on the flap drive but the aileron “prong” is quite short and I think it might end up binding. Nothing wrong with spacing with washers - it’s done on several places on my RV10. Anyway, I know I’m on the right track now - been a bit of a stressful couple of days but I think I’m coming through it. 👍👍
      Last edited by PaulSA; 12-16-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Joggle worked just fine, thanks. Maybe it could be incorporated in the plans......

Comment

I have already asked the factory to incorporate these joggles into the aileron & flap hinges that grab the pushrod and its rod end bearing. Mark

Comment

Working...
          X