Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any clearance issues with vetterman exhaust with O360 , KITSET 14INCH NOSEBOWL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any clearance issues with vetterman exhaust with O360 , KITSET 14INCH NOSEBOWL?

Wondering if anyone has ordered a vetterman exhaust for an O360 with the kitset 14 inch nosebowl for the 4 place. It seems to me that the kitset nosebowl will be a couple inches higher at the bottom compared to the randb 13 inch nosebowl which looks to me like its pretty close to if not flat across the top, which would lower the bottom portion of the cowl. I could be wrong there but....hoping if i was to order the vetterman exhaust there are no clearance issues in the cowling. Id like to get started on my cowling while waiting on my exhaust. Thanks. Gary

I have the vetterman crossover exhaust on a factory supplied nose bowl with an MT propeller with plenty of space between the cowl and exhaust. Everything fit like a glove. You should obtain the dimensions for the prop and spinner in your figures so you can set up the spacing for the spinner to nose bowl fit up also.

Comment

I have got prop and spinne . Will leave 3/8" clearance behind spinner,,1/2" to bulkhead

Comment

Here is a SHOUT out for Clint at vetterman exhaust. Received my exhaust today. Beautiful craftsmanship, and all kinds of clearance room in the cowl. Ill continue on!

Comment

Do you have photos of this setup? I’m planning to remake my lower cowl and keen to get rid of the exhaust protrusions.

Comment

Working...
          X