Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weight of wings ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight of wings ??

hello

How much does a bearhawk wing weigh ?
    Is there anyone here in possession of a quick build wing and a set of scales ??, Anyone have an `accurate` figure as to there weight ?? I have Emailed Mark but there is none on the factory floor at the moment ,So he suggested throwing out the question here

Thanks in advance

paul
    Paul Dennington plans #1257

scratch built 4 place

England

Including or excluding their protective steel crate?

I never weighed them, if you forced me to guess I'd say around 80kg with crate.

Comment

without the crate would be good !! ,The regs are a bit different here in the UK ,We need to supply a calculation to prove the wing loading to 4.4g so we need to an accurate weight of the wing

scratch built 4 place

England

Comment

• Battson
        Battson commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds complicated! Pretty complicated structure for supplying such a calculation...
        Maybe Bob would have some calculations he could share? Clearly he's already done them.

Avipro did wing stress tests, the results can be found on the same page where all the ad's are. Max load of 6774 lb representing a wing g load of 6,4 g's test done 10-03-2002.

Comment

got them , thank you

scratch built 4 place

England

Comment

Hi all, bringing this thread back to life, does anyone have the wing weight for the bearhawk, in this case fully complete with tanks? Thanks

Comment

Hello
            Attaching the letter from Robert Barrows, his answer on my question about the weight of the wing and fuselage farm for Patrol but as I understood the wings for P and 4 are almost the same:
            "am not sure how to correctly answer your question, because different materials could vary in many ways. I recomended following the plans exactly and as closely as possible. With that being said, the wings weigh about 100 pounds each, and the empty fuselage (no seats, not connected to anything else) weighs about 100 pounds."

Отправлено с моего iPad используя Tapatalk
            Last edited by Olm; 09-16-2016, 01:55 AM.
            Patrol #314(scratch building)
            Moscow, Russia

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X