Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worst part about scratch building a BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, scratch building has been all good. I dread nothing. I started in March of this year, so am just beginning, and am now forming ribs. I look forward to every step, and research when away from home.

I will continue my method of focusing on the task I have at hand, with a goal of making a perfect part. My skills are growing, and so far about 260 hours of TV has been sacrificed to the valuable task of homebuilding. When I started, I wanted a Patrol to fly. If this feeling about aircraft construction continues, when I have a Patrol, I'll be looking for another build.
    Last edited by Bcone1381; 10-06-2015, 06:07 PM. Reason: Speling
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
      nah opportunity cost is only what you legitimately lose by not taking the opportunity...
      if the opportunity doesn't exist your time is worth nothing..
      if you can earn $100 per hour in your occupation or business, and you choose to build a plane instead, thats not a business decision (it may still be legitimate for other reasons of course..)

opportunity cost has little to do with value.....
      Personal choice though, isn't it - how you value your own time? Which is what I was getting at.

For me, time is the most precious and also scarcest resource, so I try to spend it wisely, or at least consciously

I notionally value my time - at work and home - It helps me decide what's worth doing myself and what I would prefer to outsource, when those kinds of decisions come up.

Comment

What we value often exceeds lost opportunity.... otherwise we would all just work all of the time.....

I have too much discretionary time.... so I value time poorly....

I get more done outside of commitment when I have greater commitment...

Comment

Working...
        X