Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report bugs here.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report bugs here.

How about making this a sticky (or start one of your own) so we have a place to go and let the powers that be know if we find something that needs attention, like they don't have enough to do already.
    My first one is about the "Latest Activity" button. How long does it take for a post to come up there. Right now the latest I get is one from about 6 oclock this morning yet I can find at least 5 or 6 posts since then.

DRLPatrol
    Last edited by DRLPatrol; 09-24-2013, 02:43 PM.
    Scratch building Patrol #254

Done, thanks for the suggestion.
    Eric

Comment

I always hit the Mark forums Read button at the end of each session. I also sighn in for each session. So far, everytime I go back in the site again, the unread posts come up as bold font. The previously read ones are not bolded.

Eric

Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS
      Bearhawk Tailwheels and Builder's Manuals
      http://bhtailwheels.com

Comment

Yes I had noticed the bold font on the unread ones and I don't even hit the Mark forums Read button. I just thought it would be nice, and there aught to be a way, to hit one button and get a list of all the latest posts from the whole site. Then you could skim down them and click on and read the ones you were interested in. I have figured out that if you hit the "Latest Activity" button from the general forum index page you will get just new topics that have been started, but if you hit the same button after you go to a forum, "General Discussion/News" for example, you will get new topics and replies.

DRLPatrol

P.S. just to let you know your above reply was the first to get me an e-mail notice, Good Job.

Comment

Tap talk is not updating like the website, missing posts. Is there any way to set your time zone? Dan scratch build patrol #243
          Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

I use taptalk on my iPad. on other forums that I visit, such as pilots of America, I have a tab that allows me to read all new messages. that does not exist on the bearhawk forum. I think that it is a server side setting not a local setting for me. also photo show up but attached files do not. I do not remember having that problem on other forums but they may not allow attached files and are just attaching other links.
            John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

We are still working on TapaTalk settings. Sorry guys.

Comment

X'N
                The time zone setting is in your profile settings section.

Comment

I've been working with the Tapatalk app and settings to try and resolve some of the questions. As best as I can tell, the time zone settings from Tapatalk are derived from the time zone settings here on the forum. Go to your user profile, then click on the account tab to adjust. Once you install the app and get logged in to see the message board, I've the best results with the "timeline" feature. When you get to the menu that has the picture of Dave's blue Bearhawk at the top, you'll see options like "subscribed", "particpated", "convos", etc. Select "edit" at the top , and then you can drag the items around to change the order. Place "timeline" at the top, and it will be the default when you start the app. Once you are in that timeline display, it will show posts from all of the categories in one place. It seems like those posts do have some "unread" handling, where you can see which ones are new and which ones you have already seen. Try it out and see if it works the same from your end. Thanks again to everyone who has been patient with the changeover. Keep pointing out things that aren't going well so that we can try to track them down.

Comment

Thanks I found the timezones, taptalk is weird some threads are right up to date others are days old and missing posts.
                    Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

When I click the Mark All Forums Read or Mark All Channels Read (not sure what the difference is) links the contents of each forum are marked read as I expect but the forum itself still shows as new posts available. What I am referring to are the quote bubbles on the title line for each forum (such as Bearhawk General Forum) staying blue indicating new meessage as opposed to gray indicating no new messages (like the empty Product Reviews forum)
                      Dave
                      Making Airplane Parts
                      www.bearhawklsa14.com

Comment

Make sure you refresh your browser after hitting the mark all forums read button. Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS http://mybearhawk.com

Comment

Originally posted by Enewton57 View Post
                          Make sure you refresh your browser after hitting the mark all forums read button. Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS http://mybearhawk.com
                          Doesn't help. It happens on multiple computers running IE. I will need to try it from some other browsers and my Ubuntu box.

Dave
                          Dave
                          Making Airplane Parts
                          www.bearhawklsa14.com

Comment

I have been using Firfox and it works flawlessly for me. I had problems with Internet Explorer, not only with this forum, but with other webpages. I find Firefox and Chrome to be overall superior to IE.

Comment

I have been using Google Chrome and it wasn't letting me sign out (or post) until I cleared my cookies and cache. Seems a real pain to do each day.
                              Kenny in Florida

Comment

Working...
                              X