Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

360* build video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360* build video

Hi All,
    My neighbor Ryan does virtual tours for a living. Most of his work is hospital or clinic related. The attached link is a 360 degree video he shot of my Bearhawk LSA. He has offered to do more videos as I make progress so take a look at this one and I'll have him shoot again in a few years, or when I get some more parts hung. I'm not sure about the camera he used other that it was very small and I'm sure expensive?
    Take a look and let me know what you think?

Al

PS: I have finished installing the LH fuel tank since the video and working on the RH now.

Ooohhh! You have a Bridgeport!!!!

Nice video.

Bill

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Looking very good Al. Great way to see all your project. One thing I noticed - watch where the aileron carry through cable in the upper fuselage crosses the trim cables. It is easy and common to have interference there. And there are a few ways to deal with it. Good luck. Mark

Comment

• interstate al
          interstate al commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Mark. I've been thinking about that and may make a custom fairlead for the trim cable which would have a smaller dia. hole located in the upper half of the fairlead. This should help guide the trim cable above the cross over cable? I would have to pin it to keep from rotating. Another thing I did, hastily, was center the cross over turnbuckle which puts it right on top of the weld cluster. I'm not happy with the length I came up with anyway so will shorten one cable and remake the other cable. This will offset the turnbuckle same as yours is.

Excellent, very helpful. Thanks for posting. Ed Welfred
        Patrol (modified)

Comment

Are those carbon fiber floor panels? If so, what did you use, and can you recommend a vendor?

Comment

• interstate al
            interstate al commented
            Editing a comment
            The floor panels are the stock aluminum panels that came with the kit. I glued a material on the alum. called Deco Dot. This is the same material that Mark Goldberg used on his LSA. Unfortunately the materiel is no longer produced. I found a small supply in the surplus section of a on line fabric site when shopping for my interior fabric. I believe they have some more in another color? It was originally designed for the marine industry and seems very durable.

Al;

I think the forum should make this a sticky. I will be using it often to verify things and to help me accurately visualize two dimensional drawings. Someday someone will make downloadable 360 photo of each model to store on our computers for reference.

I aborted the Scratch Build in July, and "psychotically" committed to a kit after my workshop gets built. While I wait on my builder, I am developing a Patrol Specific builders manual for myself. Today I am attacking wing attachment. Your 360 degree photo allows me to visualize and plan how things will go together as I reference the materials that Mark Goldberg has published.

SO, Thanks so much for this contribution.

Brooks Cone
          Patrol #303

Brooks Cone
          Southeast Michigan
          Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Bdflies
            Bdflies commented
            Editing a comment
            "Psychotically committed"? Brooks! You're scaring me!

Oh this is a very good win for the LSA community. Thanks for sharing!
          Stephen B. Murphey
          Bearhawk LSA
          Building #L-089

Comment

Working...
          X