Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk Trip, June 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday was a long bumpy ride across middle america. We hit a few 1500 fpm thermals. Just when we thought the adventure was over, at our final fuel stop we had the fuel hose pop off the handle when I pulled the trigger! Fortunately there is a check valve in the hose. They just fixed it so we will be off early tomorrow morning. There was a nice sunset before the rain and wind showed up. Fortunately I'm in a hangar tonight.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

We made it back yesterday but not without one more mini adventure. We headed for Holmes City Airport in Ohio to get gas. We showed up right in the middle of the Women's Air Race classic. They were using the airport as a speed check point. Planes we flying down the runway at 300 ft, full power every minute or two. We had to weasel our way into the traffic and down to the runway for a landing.

Overall it was a great trip. The weather was good for the most part. We flew 49.4 hours. I think we lost about 5 or 7 hours of sight seeing in Missouri Breaks and Idaho due to weather. The Bearhawk is perfect for this kind of trip, good cross country performance and excellent back country flying capabilities. Missouri Breaks is a fairly easy place to start back country flying. I would not try the Idaho back country strips until you are comfortable with narrow strips, tailwind take offs and landings, and slow tight turns. I was very fortunate to be following a couple C-180s in both places. I could have done so without them but it was much easier following someone and getting the local details. If you would like to know more about the trip and how to participate give me a shout.

Comment

I'm going to attempt to post a video link. I'm still going thru video and pix. My adventure is temporarily interrupted this week with work then right back into more PNW flying in July.

This is "Into Lower Loon" by Cate Page on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
        Last edited by DemoDollCate; 06-29-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Nice video. Loved the "energy management" canyon turn.
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

My son Andy put together a video of our trip. Its prettier than I remember. I must have
            been too busy flying the plane. Click on the link below. There is a second
            shorter video after the first with some credits and other information.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Excellent video work Andy. What a wonderful trip.

Cathy

Originally posted by Helidesigner View Post
              My son Andy put together a video of our trip. Its prettier than I remember. I must have
              been too busy flying the plane. Click on the link below. There is a second
              shorter video after the first with some credits and other information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYMAQH9zsw

Comment

What a great presentation! Beautiful trip.
                Christopher Owens
                Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
                Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
                Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Working...
                X