Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surface rust on steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stumbled on the product I was looking for today at O'Reillys. It is called Rust-Block and comes from the same company that makes Evapo-rust. (which sounds like a bad late night infomercial - but excellent product) It is a non toxic, skin safe, oil free, indoor aerosol rust inhibitor. It cleans up with warm water. I'll post some more info over in my build thread and report how it does over time.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by lsa140; 01-03-2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• JimParker256
      JimParker256 commented
      Editing a comment
      To save you the trouble of opening the picture on a slow link (like I had to do), the product is "Rust Block", made by Evapo-rust.

Corrosion technologies has a product that removes rust by just wiping it on wait a few seconds and wipe it off again. I bought it after I let some of my 4130 sheet get rusty on accident.
    they also have a rust converter that works extremely well, I use it on my heavy equipment and it will last over a year out in the elements with nothing protecting it.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• JimParker256
      JimParker256 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto for this one. The product name is "Rust Remover" from Corrosion Technologies.

Luke - how about an "after" shot of that same piece of steel?

• Luke68
      Luke68 commented
      Editing a comment
      The upper part of the picture is after cleaning the surface. Sorry for the poor picture.
Working...
X