Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need info of Bob Maddox's wareabouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info of Bob Maddox's wareabouts

Looking at the aircraft in the 2018 Bearhawk Calendar, I come across Bob"s Patrol. He installed stall fences on the upper surface of the wings & I am interested in this installation. Does anyone know Bob & how I can get in touch with him?
    Jim Lindner
    flyboy.jfl@gmail.com

I know Bob well. He is just north of me here in central Texas. I will ask him about the flow fences. Mark

Comment

• jflindner
      jflindner commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mark,
      I would like to talk to him if he is willing.
      Jim Lindner

I just spoke with Bob Maddox. He has not had enough time flying with the flow fences in place to form an opinion on what they do. He put them on several months ago but has been hampered in his flying by health problems. Mostly vision stuff. Day after Christmas he is having cataract surgery. So he will do some flying with the flow fences when he can, and let me know what he finds. I will report back to you.

Bob Barrows feels the flow fences do not allow as nice slipping as without them. Bob slips on almost every landing. So he decided to not use them. Mark

Comment

• jflindner
      jflindner commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I agree with Bob. On the Sedan with no flaps that is all you have to get in short. the sedan is a great slipping airplane. the 2+2 with no flaps is also a great slipping machine without flaps. The 4 Plc with all of the flaps on it would be an interesting airplane if I could stop the span flow & get it slow & stable. I appreciate you talking to Bob Maddox & will be looking forward to hear what he thinks of the flow fences.
      Jim Lindner
Working...
X