Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a bunch of nice guys you all are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a bunch of nice guys you all are

I believe you can get to know the owner of a company and never meet them.

If you deal with people who work with the owner on a daily basis. they begin to mirror traits of the owner in how they deal with the public. dealing with different employees over time you get a good feel for the kind of person is at the helm.

this is how I know Bob Barrows is a really nice guy, Ive never met him. But I`m talking to guys on here who have met him and delt with him. I believe his Karma(spirit or whatever you want to call it) is kinda like the ghost in the machine.

I own a number of different airplane plans sets. So I follow a few different forums. This forum is by far one of the most friendly and helpful out there.

Michael In Canada

Awww shux

I reckon we’re where the fun is. You should come get together with us at Oshkosh for the Bearhawk BBQ on Tuesday night. It’s a good time!
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Chris In Milwaukee View Post
      Awww shux

I reckon we’re where the fun is. You should come get together with us at Oshkosh for the Bearhawk BBQ on Tuesday night. It’s a good time!
      I would love to, I`m tied to the job and house right now. But next year i`ll talk the wife into a shopping trip in Chicago and I`ll slip in a few days at Oshkosh...lol

Comment

Care to share other plan sets for which you are caretaker? I have Bearhawk 4-place, Patrol, Spencer Aircar, LMA Super Cub replica plans (wood), and MiniMax.
        Last edited by Chris In Milwaukee; 12-26-2017, 06:25 PM.
        Christopher Owens

Comment

Bob is a solid guy. Super nice and very talented. Mark has published a great Bearhawk magazine that describes Bob’s pro history. Check it out:

Christopher Owens

Comment

I used to own a RV-7 and built that to wings stage, I also used to own a sonex full kit. But sold that due to young kids running around stealing my money and putting it into their diapers...lol

I now own a sonex plans set. A zenith plans set. A cozy 4 plans set and the bearhawk set.

I would put the bearhawk forum up there with the RV forums for passion and general builders brotherhood

Michael in toronto

Comment

• Bcone1381
              Bcone1381 commented
              Editing a comment
              Regarding passion, our passion is a strong, but well founded and very reasonable. For, If Bob's design wasn't so good, wasn't so comfortable, perform so well, carry so much weight, out perform all the other aircraft in its class by such a large margin, the passion would have to come from some other unreasonable source. The same can be said for marks kit.

Not to give the BH crowd any competition (of course there is none), but before I came across the bearhawk I found the "avid fox flyers" forum to be a pretty good find as well.
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Michael,

My kudos to Mark Goldberg (Avipro) for keeping this forum upbeat and positive. No doubt Bob designed some fine airplanes, but Mark's efforts have been responsible for a lot of Bearhawks flying. If you want to build strictly from plans, go for it. If you hit a hickup, Mark frequently chimes in with assistance. Building from plans, but want to buy some of the more difficult assemblies? Mark gladly sells any components you desire. Could be that other kit manufacturers will do this, but it hasn't been my experience. If you want the complete kit, Mark sells a finely crafted quick-build that'll get you flying in short order. Most important, is the support at every stage of the project.
              So, how does all that keep us "nice"? Because there are no posts from guys bitching about eternal delays on parts. Nobody complains about ridiculous prices for components. Nobody gets left out in the cold, cause he can't get part 'X' to mate with part 'Z'. No, this forum is populated by folks, busily working on projects that actually become airplanes. How great is that! From where I sit, this forum might be a far different place, without Mark's efforts and integrity.

My $0.02

Bill

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
                Mark Goldberg commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Bill, but you for sure give me too much credit for what is a good group of guys. Jared Yates is the administrator for the forum. He keeps the posts on subject and free from contentious areas like politics etc. MG
            Working...
            X