Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C J came to visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C J came to visit

I was treated to a visit by C J Sebastian. After doing a chore on his Bearhawk project, we went for a flight. I always thought the back seat of the Patrol was cavernous, until today.. Can you say "aft C G"? Picture attached.

Bill
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

That’s great CJ has somebody like yourself to visit for a helping hand Bill! As far as the big back seat, I find it just a little challenging getting in the front seat. Without the overhead bars to grab Getting into the back seat might be even harder. Something to think about when taking out the skylight. For myself though, well worth it. D. (So how’d you get him in there? 🤔 )

Comment

Well Donna, my front seatback folds forward. It's easier to get in the back seat than the front! You know, I never thought about a no-skylight headliner covering the overhead tubes. Without the tube to grab, it would be more challenging to hop up front.

Bill

Comment

And that just added justification to my decision to leave all the side and top tubes exposed inside – no liner at all, except in the baggage area. (My original reason was to “add lightness”.)
        Jim Parker
        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I'm going to find some way to get these guys into my project.

image_4538.jpg

They durable as heck, and should be pretty easy to weld up a bracket for them to bolt to in a convenient location.
          Last edited by Chris In Milwaukee; 03-03-2018, 07:05 PM.
          Christopher Owens
          Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
          Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
          Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

I didn't realize how much it looks like I'm wedged in that seat. LOL I'm 6' and running about 270 right now. I had to scoot forward a bit to be able to put the headset on and not bend Bill's great liner work. That's the first Patrol I've flown in and I was real impressed with how it got off the ground. Then Bill had to tell me it felt a little sluggish. I think that was a nice way of telling me I weigh too much. Thanks Bill for the help and the ride.
            CJ

Comment

Working...
            X