Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake system

Busy installing the brake system, any advice and or comments welcome.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Question - is that a header tank next to the tunnel? Those lines which run past it would benefit from some support, I bet you are already planning on doing that. For reference, I think AC43.13 calls for some crazy distance like every 6 or 8" or something, I didn't quite achieve that - but I think those really long runs would need it.

Comment

16" for 3/8"-1/2" lines, 12" for 1/4"-5/16" lines. Line supports are only specified for fuel lines in both AC43.13 and the AMT handbook, but I'm using the same spacing for other lines. Or will be, rather.
      Dave B.
      Plane Grips Co.
      www.planegrips.com

Comment

• Battson
        Battson commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for researching the correct numbers. I agree with that, I would be supporting both lines.
        Last edited by Battson; 04-10-2018, 06:56 PM.

Hi Battson, I plan to do the support when I do the final installation, I plan to use the cable tie and rubber hose technique, Thanks for the measurements, but still I will make sure thats its done properly. And yes that is a header tank, takes two gallons of fuel, I do not use the fuel selector with both and the engine is fuel injected.

Comment

Your reservoir looks like it’s centered under the center hinged section of the cowl. Wondering how much effort it will be to check the fluid level and to fill the brake reservoir?

Comment

• Gerhard Rieger
          Gerhard Rieger commented
          Editing a comment
          Small lid like the Cessna's have
      Working...
      X