Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oratex update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oratex update

Many of you asked for an update after I installed the oratex. The plane is almost done other than a flap and landing gear. I ran out of glue. If you have any questions feel free to ask. The oratex is not as easy to install as other fabrics but it wasn't all that hard once you get the hang of it. Its transparency is something to consider as you can see in the pics but if your like myself and put function before looks then that doesn't matter much. That being said it does look good.

oratex finally came around and became helpful in getting the color issue settled. Unfortunately I'll have to paint the plane completely but they agreed to send me all the paint and 3 colors to cover wings and cowel as well.

overall I'm a little sad that it went that way but in the end I have a great looking plane and Lars and Paul did what they could to make it right.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

I'm considering going with Oratex. My garage is attached to my home and I've heard dope fumes from traditional fabric could be a problem. How long did the covering install take?
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

It took me 4 weeks to finish. I did spend 30 hours a week.

Comment

I’m still a couple weeks away from starting the covering with my Oratex. Yours looks great, nice job. I’m still a little fuzzy on how to do the vertical stabilizer area of the fuselage. Any pointers on that would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

We ran a left side and tabbed it over the stabil9zer then did the right side and covered the tabs with tapes.

Comment

Do you feel that painting compromises the advertised benefits of Oratex?
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Other than weight I don't see any issues. Its still repairable in the same ways.

Comment

Working...
              X