Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arlington FLY-IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington FLY-IN

Dennis and I are planning on going, anybody else from the great NW? Depending on WX, we would be there either Fri. afternoon and leave Sat. after the airshow, or arrive Sat, and leave Sun.

I will be there but probably just one day. I live about an hour north.

Comment

• Flygirl1
      Flygirl1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks to the much faster speed, we can be there in about 2.5 with a fuel/breakfast stop. I expect with the long range forecast, we will most likely make it on Sat. morning. We haven't been there in a while as it was really dwindling it attendance from aircraft and vender booths. Hopefully things will have picked up a bit. I believe there is somebody in Arlington building a Patrol?? Be nice to touch base with them. ;-)

• Chewie
      Chewie commented
      Editing a comment
      John Snapp I believe.

I had never heard of the Arlington Fly in until a couple of months ago. I drove to Oshkosh in the early 80's a couple of times, and flew into Sun'n'Fun in 96. I have been completely out of light aircraft since the early 80's.

Comment

Turns out I'm going to be around this weekend, so I was thinking I'd go Saturday if anyone wants to meet up.
      Dave B.
      Plane Grips Co.
      www.planegrips.com

Comment

• Flygirl1
        Flygirl1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be great! Haven't been in a while, so not sure where we would do that. Any suggestions?? We are planning on a Sat. morning arrival.

• Archer39J
        Archer39J commented
        Editing a comment
        Never been myself so I'm not really sure lol.

I'll be there.
      Gerry Morrissey
      Patrol Scratch build #30

Comment

If anyone has a question about how to do something well on a BH or Patrol, I would recommend asking Flygirl1 for a picture of her, or her husbands, plane. Stunning. And that is probably a bit of an understatement.

They were the only BH's at Arlington today, and the only ones I have ever seen. Nice to meet you both.

Comment

• Flygirl1
          Flygirl1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, thanks for the comments!! Meeting you and Dave, (Archer39J) and putting a face to the posts is so neat. Demo doll Kate even stopped by. ;-) Talking with and meeting you guys was a big part of what made this trip so nice. ;-)
      Working...
      X