Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying to Osh 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying to Osh 2020

Gang, the challenge has been thrown down, fly Desert Bearhawk to Osh 2020. A little less than two years to complete. Got to get with it!

So, in planning ahead I'm thinking about avionics/instruments. 91.205 gives the required instruments for Day VFR (91.205b) and Night VFR (91.205c). What is not indicated is how one could accomplish meeting these requirements. The goal is to keep expenses down to get her flying and upgrade my panel as my bank account recovers. I'm looking at things like the Talos avionics EFIS transmitter that drives a tablet display, or just going 100% steam and using my Strutx/ipad/Foreflight.

Not sure I'm even asking the questions correctly but what is everyone's thoughts on getting legal for the least expense.

Thanks!
    Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
    Project Plans #1299
    N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Levil Bom & Ipad

Comment

This cost me less than $2000 serviced, I know its not the flavor of the day but it works for me.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I like it, that’s my plan as well.
        Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
        Project Plans #1299
        N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Comment

Originally posted by Gerhard Rieger View Post
          This cost me less than $2000 serviced, I know its not the flavor of the day but it works for me.
          ....and 5 of the round dials in that $2000 panel are not required for Day or Night VFR.
          Brooks Cone
          Southeast Michigan
          Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
          X