Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Barrows is Hosting a Fly-Out on 10-19, before his Fly-In on 10-20!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Barrows is Hosting a Fly-Out on 10-19, before his Fly-In on 10-20!

Bob's annual Bearhawk fly-in is on Saturday, October 20th at his airport in Fincastle, VA. Sincere apologies for getting the date wrong on the official Bearhawk calendars this year! The calendar has it on 10/21, which is a Sunday, and obviously not right.

This year he's adding on a new element of fun on the day before, Friday. If the weather allows, he'll lead an expedition of short hops to some of his favorite backcountry airstrips in the area. He sent a couple of example pictures, which are attached.

Plan to arrive on Thursday night if you want to camp, or join the group anywhere along the way. Contact Bob if you would like to participate, and he'll have the details last-minute, based on weather conditions.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

...really wishing this wasn't both 6 hrs of flying away _and_ on a work day. I'd love to see something like this that a working stiff could join.

Comment

I talked with Bob today. I would like to participate in the fly-out as a passenger and can drive down to Fincastle with camping gear on Thursday Oct 18th. But I want to have those plan set before driving down. Right now Bob said no has signed up for this awesome opportunity. I thought that my request at least might bump its back to the top and get people thinking about it again.

Either way I will be there on Saturday for the picnic. If I can drive from Michigan.......

Brooks
      Brooks Cone
      Southeast Michigan
      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

If I have my medical back in time and can get the time off, I'll be there. Right now my flying is at the mercy of my wife's schedule. I did get her to take me for a ride in my Patrol today though.
        Rollie VanDorn
        Findlay, OH
        Patrol Quick Build

Comment

Hey Rollie, great that your wife can do that!! Keep in mind, and somebody PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!!, as long as you have a licensed, certified pilot on board--YOU can fly the plane. I'd suggest she practice landing the plane from the back seat though. It's actually a learning experience and everybody should give it a try!! ( with an experienced pilot or instructor in the front seat. ;-). P.S. Of course it's too far for Dennis and I to attend, but would if it was closer. ;-( Hope the WX is better than it was at Johnson Creek the last four nights!!
          Last edited by Flygirl1; 09-19-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X