Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wing ajustement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wing ajustement

weld 2 washers 1,250 with a hole 0.625 x .187 thickness
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 7 photos.
    Last edited by Peter Girard; 09-05-2018, 07:23 AM.

Eccentric bushings? I always thought they were a cool idea on Cessna wings, but what must be done to the wing attach bracket? It has to be drilled out quite oversized to make these work?

Also, my eyes are watering.

Comment

Originally posted by Zzz View Post
      Eccentric bushings? I always thought they were a cool idea on Cessna wings, but what must be done to the wing attach bracket? It has to be drilled out quite oversized to make these work?

Also, my eyes are watering.
      Looks like they've welded on some huge doublers. I hope it's strong enough...

So how do you stop the wings moving around when using a rotating eccentric bushing like this?

Comment

weld 2 washers 1,250 with a hole 0.625 x .187 thickness

Comment

Originally posted by Battson View Post

Looks like they've welded on some huge doublers. I hope it's strong enough...

So how do you stop the wings moving around when using a rotating eccentric bushing like this?
          Are the wings held in by pressure, not unlike the struts on your vehicle, where everything is squeezed together? Or does just the bolt do all the work?
          Christopher Owens
          Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
          Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
          Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Chris In Milwaukee View Post

Are the wings held in by pressure, not unlike the struts on your vehicle, where everything is squeezed together? Or does just the bolt do all the work?
            All fittings are pinned connections from an engineering standpoint, so they only transfer linear forces (but not torque).
            So all four fittings will experience a lot of up/down forces and axial force in-line with direction of travel.
            As well as that, the rear fittings are being compressed into the fuselage, and the front ones are in tension, pulling away from the fuse.

The bolt does all the work, apart from the axial force in-line with the direction of travel.

Comment

Working...
            X