Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk Facebook group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Way Up North - I disagree with many of your comments but will not argue here. As Jared says, this place should be welcoming to all who have interest in Bearhawks of any flavor.

But as someone who is new to the Bearhawk community and this forum, you might ought to spend less time on the computer posting and more time in your shop building. We are glad to help if you have questions. Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Goldberg View Post
      Mr Way Up North - I disagree with many of your comments but will not argue here. As Jared says, this place should be welcoming to all who have interest in Bearhawks of any flavor.

But as someone who is new to the Bearhawk community and this forum, you might ought to spend less time on the computer posting and more time in your shop building. We are glad to help if you have questions. Mark
      Biggest reason to not have a face book group is...

it’s invisible to internet search engines...and archive.org will never see it

so any good ideas....
      any important content....
      interesting build innovations...

....etc ...are invisible ...un searchable. ...eventually lost to time

and as big as Facebook is..one day it will be like my space and all the other flavour of the day sites...

hotmail deleted all my emails before 2013... no notice...one day there... next day gone

then there’s what happened at photobucket...before that geocities...

my objection is not a new group... it’s the information prison that face book is...and that a lot of hard work could vanish overnight with no recourse

the weakness of scratch building the Bearhawk is how spread out the information is

a master builder can make a plane from the plans... but the rest of us mortals need build manuals .. to decode the plans...ect

Consentrating the information rather then dispersing it .... better serves future builders

sorry Mark ... but I’m a plans holder and a member of the Bearhawk tribe...

i have opinions that differ from yours

My loyalty is with the scratch builder and what helps them... even the ones that don’t exist yet

our not getting along... means a Bearhawk scratch build site is inevitable ....with every scrap of information to build the Bearhawk at a builders finger tips....

Have a nice night
      Last edited by way_up_north; 02-15-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Way_up_north, my friend, you and I have a lot in common. I'm a scratch builder that has gone rogue...

...I extended the baggage compartment, extended the flaps (before the B- model did it), re-routed control cables, installed a tapered rod tailwheel spring (before the B- model did it), built integrated aux tanks (!), modified windows, redesigned trim system, and more... Bob worked with me on all the specifics. Nobody here has given me a negative vibe about it except to kindly warn me of unintended consequences. All those warnings were true.

And no one has helped me more than Mark and Bob.

Bottom line is, this group is exactly the one you are wishing for: a spectrum of experimenters united by a healthy respect for each other and for the laws of physics. Please feel welcomed!
        Last edited by nichzimmerman; 02-16-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nichzimmerman View Post
          Way_up_north, my friend, you and I have a lot in common. I'm a scratch builder that has gone rogue...

...I extended the baggage compartment, extended the flaps (before the B- model did it), re-routed control cables, installed a tapered rod tailwheel spring (before the B- model did it), built integrated aux tanks (!), modified windows, and more... Bob worked with me on all the specifics. Nobody here has given me a negative vibe about it except to kindly warn me of unintended consequences. All those warnings were true.

And no one has helped me more than Mark and Bob.

Bottom line is, this group is exactly the one you are wishing for: a spectrum of experimenters united by a healthy respect for each other and for the laws of physics. Please feel welcomed!
          Thanks for the message....

do you have a website/kitlog, or a thread on here. That you discuss your modifications or pictures?...would like to hear you thoughts on them and your motivations for doing them. I tried to read all your posts on here to learn more about your modifications, but the site filter limited it to only the past 2 months and you've been a member here since 2013...

Ive been going over the old yahoo site, following the evolution of the Bearhawk..learning what I can..one member there filled each post by topic....his archive was lost to time on a web site that had long since gone offline...

but archive.org had made and image of his efforts....

this is an archive of all posts that have to do with modifications....might be of interest to some to follow how the Bearhawk has evolved

wooden wing Bearhawks???...folding wings..rough field modifications....some float items....ect....that old yahoo site was pretty wild...

https://web.archive.org/web/20110929...rhawk/2.8-Mods
          Last edited by way_up_north; 02-15-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• nichzimmerman
            nichzimmerman commented
            Editing a comment
            I started one a while back, but I was terrible at updating it and it ultimately died with Google+. My airplane time begins when I roll out of bed and ends when the first kid wakes up, and I like building too much to spend the time required for a good log. I do take lots of photos though for the DAR.

I'm ok discussing the modifications privately with folks, but will keep it off the forum not because 1) they're not tested, 2) I might not recommend them, and 3) I don't want to be perceived as any engineering authority.
            Last edited by nichzimmerman; 02-18-2019, 03:00 PM.
        Working...
        X